|My Gaming Rig in pieces - X58 Core i7 3-way SLI GTX285 thinking about Antec DF 85
I started out by just cleaning the air filters,
it's been a while so when I opened it up, it was bad.
So I decided to use my old rig for while, and just rebuild the X58.
I thought about doing some upgrades, but it really does'nt need it,
well with Intel SandyBridge just released,
and Intel's IvyBridge just around the corner,
why waste it on upgrades.
I may get a case with easier to access air filters,
with this Antec 1200, I have to:
• Remove both side panels
• Remove 24 thumb screws
• slide the drive cages forward
• and finally slide the filters out for cleaning
and still cannot access the entire fan without further disassembling the screws from the 5.25" mesh plates, 9 of those
I have my eye on the Antec DF:85,
but really don't like red LEDs, I would rather have Blue LEDs.
it does have plenty of features though,
Here are some of my favorite features:
• 4 x internal 3.5" Fleet-Swap™ drive bays
• Fleet-Release™ access doors for air filters
• Lockable access doors ensure security
• CPU cutout allows for easy installation of CPU coolers
• Top 2.5" hot-swap SATA (SSD-compatible) drive bay
• easy fan access
I'm using the 780i while I rebuild it.
||by: William Wendland|